Well, it looks like 14 days of rectal irrigation's, or what I like to call butt flushing, and 14 days of our wonderful antibiotic friend flagil. In the scope of things, I can handle this. The GI doctor thinks Hunter just has irritation, his Xray looks good overall, but he does believe we need to get him on a better daily schedule, not sure how we are going to do that yet. If only little man would have read the book : )
We talked with the GI doc about the increased whimpering and crying that Hunter has been doing. He is wondering if he is refluxing more, and maybe we should try feeding him more during the day, and less or not at all at night. I'm not convinced this is the problem yet, because the whimpering and crying doesn't necessarily relate with feeding times, or right after feeding times.
He did suggest that I contact the neurosurgeon just to run it past him. Hunter is not displaying any signs of shunt failure, but then again he didn't read the book : ) I haven't heard back from Benny on what his thoughts are so we'll see, I am guessing he may just order an MRI to check things out.
Well, overall I can't complain. "Butt flushing" might just become part of our normal life and that is just OK.
The other two little guys are good. Have a fabulous day. God Bless
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment