Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Stinker

All is well on our end of the world. Hunter did decide to cause a little commotion on Saturday. Hunter's J tube was plugged. We really did not feel like going to Milwaukee to visit just yet. We were very lucky to be able to talk with Dr. Gordon, he was so helpful. Theda Clark here in the Valley would change the tube, but didn't have the right size. Dr. G talked with GI and they were OK with trying a little bit longer tube, but if that didn't work it would mean putting in a G tube for the time being and heading to Milwaukee on Monday. The Radiologist and the staff at Theda in IR were wonderful, oh so helpful. The new tube went in like a charm! Hunter, again you are simply a ROCK STAR!! So, after several hours of phone calls and a quick run to Neenah, Hunter was good to go.

Overall, Hunter has been doing very very well. We have started to do a few trials off the O2 to see how he does. So, hopefully in the next few weeks we can get off the O2 during the day and maybe just down to O2 at night. Hunter has not needed any Ativan for agitation, so that is wonderful! He continues to amaze us. He was a little agitated last night, not sure what that was about, hopefully nothing, we'll see how today goes.

Hayden and Harrison are both doing well. They have adjusted us being back together as a family. It has been so nice here they have enjoyed playing outside, but it sounds like it is going to be cold again this weekend. So, the weather is just a tease.

Thanks again for checking in on Mr. Hunter. We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers, he continues to be our miracle. God Bless

1 comment:

La Daska said...

Hey guys!. Im glad to hear that Hunter is still rocking out...lol. I was sooo sad that I didnt see you guys off. I really had a time with my shoulder for a while. I must say I am very happy that you guys are home but I really miss hanging out. Leah, you have to give Hunter a great big smooch for me and tell the family I said hello. Until next time, La Daska