Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Quick trip.. Small Bump

That is sure what Boo is doing to his mom! Sunday morning the balloon in Hunter's J failed. Now, he has had his G pretty much since birth, and I can change that no problem. The J fell out, and I freaked out!!! Literally!! I guess it was just the anxiety of it all. Seriously, there is only one hole it can go in : ) After a took a breathe, giggled at myself, we had a successful tube replacement. Oh well, I guess I am even allowed to panic sometimes!

We ended up in the ER in Milwaukee on Sunday evening because of 400 cc's of dark coffee ground drainage from Hunter's Gtube. The Dr's were concerned he may have a GI bleed. They tested the drainage, and sure enough it was positive for blood, so boolicious earned himself at least an overnight in the hospital. They drew labs and his hemoglobin was fine, and everything else looked good except for his potassium was low, which didn't surpirse me since we hadn't did his refeed because of what it looked like. After doing and EKG to make sure the low potassium wasn't making his heart unhappy, they gave him a dose of Potassium and finally shipped us upstairs.

Our overnight was uneventful, I guess as uneventful as any night in a hospital could be. His hemoglobin stayed good, and his drainage cleared up. Imagine that... boo didn't read the book : ) So after talking with GI, we are just going to monitor things. Labs were redrawn and all was well, potassium was back to normal...this just confirmed that even though refeeding isn't the most fun thing to do, we do it for a reason. So, we were able to head home yesterday. A quick one night stay.

My Jonelle, one of Hunter's primarys from 4th floor was able to stop up for a quick visit. It was so nice to see her and watch boo get excited when she started to talk to him. We will visit again, but only for a trip to the zoo : )

Well, hopefully we have another little bump behind us. This weekend we are hoping to go to a deaf\blind weekend with the whole family. It will be fun, and I am sure there will be a lot of stories to tell.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers. God Bless

No comments: