Wednesday, September 2, 2009

School Time

Can you believe it is time for school already!

Yesterday was Hayden's first day of Kindergarten. Hard to believe he is already old enough for Kindergarten. Neil and I watched him get on the school bus in the morning. His bus driver is actually his soccer coach from Summer, Mr. Ron. We really like him, so that was nice. Funny enough, I got an email from one of the teachers that knows Hunter letting me know she checked in on him and he was doing wonderful. Too funny, she knows me way too well! I raced home to make sure I was there when Hayden got off the buss.... what a look of exhaustion. Hayden had that glazed over look. He played for a while with the neighbor, then he sat down to watch Ghostbusters and was down for the count. Hopefully he adjusts soon to being in school all day.

Hunter started school yesterday also. On Tuesday and Thursday's his teacher will be coming to work with him at home. This is the teacher he has had since he started early childhood when he was 3. On Wednesday's Hunter will go to school all day. We want to ease in to this and see how things go. He is finally healthy I do not want to repeat last year. As for how he did for the teacher yesterday, he was an absolute STAR yesterday! He wore his speaker valve for over 6 hours yesterday, and was very very attentive and visual. It is so wonderful to see him having a great day! I think he knows that now that he is in 2nd grade he has to kick it up a notch. Ok... just kidding. That was probably the hardest part of yesterday. I try not to think about the fact that Hunter is suppose to be in 2nd grade, and I continue to just focus on him, although some days like yesterday can be harder than others.

Yesterday was Mr. Harrison's first day at daycare with no brother by his side. Interesting new thing for him. All was fine, just as I expected. Maybe they will enjoy each others company more now in the evening....

Hope this finds everyone well. Have a fabulous day. God Bless

No comments: