Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Long Road Ahead

Well, things are going steady here on our end of the world. Hunter's CT scan came back clear for what they refer to as "puss balls." So, that is good news. We are still on CPAP while our lungs continue to heal. The Dr's don't want to challenge Hunter's Kidney's too much until his lungs have cleared, which makes sense. On another note, we did get the word that they are thinking another month. Yes, that is what I said, another month. I am trying to focus on each day, but when they say that how can one's heart not sync. But, if that is what we have to do to get the Huntman back in tip top shape, that is what we have to do.

I am thinking of going home on Friday evening. Neil is coming down with Hayden and I thought he could visit for a little and then Hayden and I could head home. So, this way Neil and Hunter could have some special male bonding time and mom could go spend some much needed time with her other two boys. It will be hard, but Hunter is in good hands.

So, we continue to walk slowly down that long road ahead of us. But, we have to be happy that there is light at the end of that long road. Hunter is stable and a total rock star. I am so so proud of him. He is a lover and a fighter. I tell him everyday, he's stuck with me : )

Thank you again for keeping Hunter in your thoughts and prayers. Please continue to pray for recovery... and a lot of pee : ) (I know it sounds pretty silly)

God Bless

1 comment:

Colleen & Tim Beyer said...

Leah & Neil - I wish I would have known sooner so I could have been praying for him! Will you please call if you need anything even if its just to cry or scream or anything?!?!? Hunter has overcome so much; he can beat this too! Take a deep breath and keep your faith strong!
Always,
Colleen & Tim