Wednesday, February 3, 2010

5 Days And Counting.....

To one Gre888t birthday! Can you believe that Sunday is Hunter's 8th birthday. I am so excited, even more excited than usual if that is possible. Child life is going to help us decorate Hunter's room for the occasion. I am getting a cake and ordering pizza for everyone to help with the celebration. It sure is going to be a Gre888 time.

Today has been a good day. Hunter seems to be turning the corner. His PH level has Is up to 7.29 which is great, and his blood gases have came back down to normal range. We are off all cardiac meds at this time, which is another win win. We are down to 40% O2 on the vent, but we are keeping his rate and pressure support up there for the time being. We also took him off the Nitric Oxide (I&O's) which is huge. The Dr's said that we will need to just take our time weaning him off the vent. His Xray is continuing to move in the right direction. As the Dr stated, it still looks like a heavy snow storm on Xray, but the snow is starting to let up. : )

So, it comes down to time and a lot of patience. Today, Hunter opened his eyes more than he has been for the past week. He is "looking" much better. I can't explain how proud of him I am. He is such a trooper. I look forward to the day we are able to go home and snuggle on the couch and watch HGTV together. So, no matter how long away that really is, it doesn't matter.

Thank you again for all your prayers, love and support. Continue to pray for our lungs to heal and lots of pee : )

God Bless

3 comments:

Brent and Paula said...

We have been following your journey and finally some good news. We are keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers and have a Gr888t Birthday! Hope to have you all home soon.

Anonymous said...

Leah...thanks for posting. I'm so happy to hear Hunter is doing better each day, moving in the right direction. I wish Hunter a very happy birthday. I've put a card in the mail today to your house for him. My prayers for him continue daily. Also for you and Neil during this stressful time. Take care. Love, Tammy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Hunter!!!!!
Love-The Weinaugs