Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Let There Be Pee!!

I thought that would catch your attention! It's official. They took Hunter of dialysis this afternoon. They put a foley catheter in so they could monitor his urine output, and will see how he does until morning. If needed, they will give him a diuretic to see if they can help challenge his kidneys. So far, so good, we are making pee. Who knew one could be so excited about it! : )

The decision was made to take him of the dialysis so we can start getting him out of bed to encourage his secretions to start moving. When they would do the circuit changes for the dialysis machine we would hold him and just that little movement would help so much. So, the Dr's made the executive decision that this was the best thing, even if we would mean staying on the vent a few extra days.

I am so excited and nervous I can't stand it. I am like a giddy teenager!! I am so so proud of him, he continues to amaze me each and ever day. So, keep praying for lots of pee and healthy lungs. It is amazing the power of prayers.

So, if we keep plugging forward, out last day of antibiotics is Feb 22nd. As long as we remain healthy, off dialysis, and our lungs have improved, GI will consider doing their motility studies after that. So, hopefully we will get our GI issues figured out and all settled before we go home.

Thanks again for all your love, prayers and support during these last few weeks. God Bless

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Leah what good news this is! I keep praying for Hunter everyday. Thanks for posting these updates so I can keep updated.
Love, Tammy

Anonymous said...

We have been praying for Hunter and so glad to hear such good news! That is wonderful! I would be giddy too! Give him a hug from all of us! We will be down next THursday and hope to visit. WE have an appointment for Cameron to have an EEG done. So I hope we will have time to visit. Take care and keep relishing in the joy of his progress! Sincerely, Ginger, Chris, Cam and Bren Howard