Literally I really do hate bugs. Hunter grew another type of bacteria out of his trach aspirate they took when the bronched him. So, we have adjusted his antibiotics and he will hopefully start making bigger strides. Our O2 is up today. We have turned off the Norepi, cardiac med, and are down to .01 on the Epi, another cardiac med, both great news. Our blood pressure has been rather stable today which is great to see. The last few days if you touched Hunter his blood pressure went through the roof. We were actually able to turn him tonight with out him getting wild. We are down to 50% O2 on the vent. We did have to up his rate to help him blow off some CO2 since his gases have been running high. Overall I think we are starting to turn the corner. Hopefully tomorrow during rounds I will hear the words, "The Xray is looking better." So, in the big picture things are moving in the right direction, it is just a slow process.
I keep reminding myself that patients is a virtue, but man I am tired. I want to see those big blue eyes again. I want to hold my boy close and kiss and love on him. Is that really so much to ask? I love him so much and I know that I am truly blessed. So, tonight I sit and continue to remind myself that patients is a virtue.
Thank you again for all the thoughts and prayers. Please continue to pray for healthy lungs and lots of pee.
God Bless
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment