Monday, February 1, 2010

It's A Complex Combination of Things

AKA, my new key phrase when I just don't want to talk about it. I am mentally exhausted. Hunter had a rough weekend but appears to be turning the right corner again. His X-ray appeared slightly improved this morning, which is really good news. We need to get healthy lungs at this point to start working on anything else.

After the bronch last week, things started to head down the slope in the wrong direction. Saturday night was a rough night, he couldn't hold his O2 stats, and was having a hard time breathing. After some steroids and some tweaks to the vent and 4 additional antibiotics we appear to be turning the corner.

I had a long talk with Hunter last night telling him I just wanted to hear that his X-ray improved when then did rounds this morning. He listened : ) Lungs are looking a little better.

I keep trying to remind myself that we are still in a better place than we were 3 1\2 weeks ago, but it still sucks. It sucks that we can't move forward until our lungs heal. So, that means we need lots and lots of prayers for healthy lungs so that we can start back working on kidneys.

We continue to be blessed and have nothing to complain about, that is for sure. Sunday, Hunter's 8th birthday continues to approach quickly. I am working on getting his cake ordered and figure out where we should order pizza from for the celebration. What a great day this will be!

Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers. It means a ton. Please continue to pray for healthy lungs and lots of pee.

Thanks again and God Bless

No comments: