Friday, February 26, 2010

It's A Big Day

Well, today is the big day. As I am typing this, Hunter is down for his motility study. As we walked down the hallways I thought about the fact they should probably give parents anxiety meds. My stomach was in knots! When the doors of IR opened there waited the GI doctor and the anesthesiologist, who actually is a critical care doctor that knows Hunter well, his name, Dr. Scott. At that moment a sense of peace came over me. It was a relief knowing that he would be there for him. He also has his nurse Jonell today who is oh so wonderful to him, so I know she will be standing next to him holding his hand. This helps me wait patiently and be at peace knowing he is in good hands.

Even though this is the day we have waited so long for, I sit here wondering what the tests will bring us. I sit here and think about the last almost 8 weeks and everything that has happened. I sit here and think about how strong my little Boolicious is and how oh so proud of him I am. I sit here and think about how lucky we are to have such loving and supportive family and friends. I think about how many lives Hunter has touched, and how many more he has touched in the last 8 weeks.

So I sit here, and try to wait patiently and prepare myself for the hours to come. The tests will run until 2 or 3 this afternoon, but by tonight we should have our answers. Our answers that we have waiting oh so long for. The answers that we need to make our little man happy and comfortable again. The answers we need to get to the next step, home.

Thank you again for all your love and support. Please continue to pray for my sweet boy. God Bless

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leah, I've been thinking of Hunter everyday. I'm glad the day has come for answers. I'm praying for a good outcome and answers to resolve issues so you can all come home. Love, Tammy