Saturday, February 27, 2010

Miracles Do Happen

That is all I can really say, miracles really do happen. Hunter had his colonoscopy and motility study yesterday. He woke up from the anesthetic with a vengeance, but after we got him settled things went a lot better. The motility study didn't finish until 2:30 and then the GI doctor came up to take a look at the results. There was a look of amazement on his face, and he turned to me and said the results were not what he had anticipated. Dr. Sood said that it appears Hunter's small intestine is working 60% to 70%, which he was very happy about. Hunter's large intestine also appears to be working at an acceptable level. Dr. Sood was very happy that we did the motility studies and his recommendation at this time is to start J tube feeds. NO SURGERY!! Talk about a true miracle. Just a few months ago we thought for sure Hunter needed an ileostomy and now we are being told no surgery at this time. I get to feed my little boy!! I can't explain how excited I am.

So, right now we just have to continue to tolerate not being on CPap, and get to our maintenance feedings per hour of 52cc's and we can hopefully come home!! We are starting to bring up the big D word.

We are oh so blessed. I can't even explain how blessed we are. Hunter has been a true miracle since the day we had him, and he continues to beat the odds with a little help from some friends. See, miracles do happen, you just have to believe.

Thanks again for all your love and support and for keeping Hunter in your prayers. God Bless

2 comments:

Brenda said...

what awesome news, Leah... So happy that he is finally getting to the end of this nasty battle he has had to fight so hard...He is such a strong, amazing little boy who has proven his strength and will power.Hang in there and we will continue to pray for daily improvements for our precious little buddy!!

Anonymous said...

Leah! This is great news! No surgery, that is awesome! I'm so glad he is doing better and the D word is being tossed out there! Take care! Love, Tammy