Things are going well on this end of the world. Hunter has been having tremors, which after further investigation appear to be related to a decrease in his Keppra, his seizure med. They apparently had decreased his Keppra due to kidney function, which along the way I missed it somehow. We have upped his dose to the normal dose and the tremors seem to be better by over 50%.
Hunter is still growing the bacteria in his Trach that we were previously treating him for. We started him back on the antibiotics. Overall he seems to be doing well with it so all great signs. May just a little bit longer on the antibiotics.
Yesterday, this catheters for dialysis were pulled, which is huge! We were able to sit and hold him and he was able to get up in his wheelchair. This is so awesome! They also pulled his foley catheter and he is peeing like a champ. It is celebration time.
My friendly neighborhood GI doctor stopped by yesterday and it appears it is a go for Friday. Friday Hunter will go down at 7:30 in the morning to have a camera placed in hi Colon and through his GJ Tube. That procedure in itself will take around an hour or hour and a half. He will then come back up to his room to be monitored, fed, to watch how things are moving through is small and large intestines. This monitoring will go on until 2:00 to 3:00 in the afternoon and then hopefully we will have the answers to what we had originally came here for.
The light continues to shine at the end of the tunnel. We continue to pray for healthy lungs and to answers to come from our tests on Friday. Whether those answers are all looks well, or that we need to proceed with surgery, it doesn't matter.
I have been blessed with the greatest gift, my boy, and that is what matters.
Thanks again for all your love, prayers and support. God Bless
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Leah....keep hanging in there. I just got the link to your blog today. Thanks for keeping us up to date on your family. I wish I were there to give you a big hug. I guess the grocery store parking lot hug will have to do for now. Prayers, tons of prayers, are going your way from your friends at work. We all miss you....Linda A
Hi Leah,
I just got this link to your blog today, too. I'll be catching up on your life tonight, but wanted you to know that I'm praying for your family.
Hunter is lucky to have such a wonderful, loving family.
God Bless all of you!
---Marcia Leonard
Post a Comment